Solliance focus areas under the “Perovskite Solar Cells (PSC)” program are as follows:
- Design and development of scalable vacuum-free methods for deposition of a perovskite active layer;
- Improvement of photoelectric parameters of PSC solar cells, enhancement of their uniformity and reproducibility;
- Improvement of solar cell performance and lifetime;
- Application of scalable S2S and R2R manufacturing technologies;
- Development of both rigid and flexible solar cells of varying colors and transparency;
- Application of the back-end interconnection processes;
- Development and application of back-end interconnection processes for module production.
- Analyzing technical features and potential complications of industrial introduction of the developed technology;
- Contributing to the determination of Solliance main activities and objective setting;
- Introducing new technologies and materials, including carbon nanotubes, into the solar cell production technology.
Perovskite photovoltaics has an excellent commercial potential:
- High efficiency of solar radiation photoelectric conversion;
- Relatively low production cost and energy consumption;
- Wide range of applications due to the possibility of producing both rigid and flexible solar cells of varying colors and transparency.
As a result of joint work with Solliance, the following deliverables are expected by 2020:
- An S2S technology for manufacturing glass-based perovskite 15×15 and 30×30 cm2 solar modules with PCEs of 17 % and 14 % respectively;
- An R2R-scalable technology for manufacturing flexible perovskite 15×15 and 30×30 cm2 solar modules with PCEs of 14 % and 12 % respectively.
- A 4×4 cm2 perovskite solar module has been demonstrated and certified, that is made exclusively using R2R-scalable technologies and has a record-breaking PCE of 12.4 %;
- A PCE of 19% for laboratory samples of perovskite solar cells has been achieved.
- A technology for the commercial production of high-efficiency and low-cost perovskite solar panels obtained;
- Russia’s first full-scale production of perovskite solar panels launched;
- Perovskite solar panels integrated into novel or existing products and solutions;
- Patents taken out on Solartek’s methods, technologies, and products.